Associate Applications Engineer Current Sensors - Ieper, Belgium
Your future job
As an Associate Applications Engineer Current Sensors at Melexis, you will build a strong technical expertise on the Melexis products of the product line Current Sensors by evaluation and characterization in order to ensure the relevant technical support to our customers and participate to the business development. Based on this expertise, you develop applications and solutions as well as all the necessary documentation (datasheets, applications notes) and supporting tools (development kits, demos). You support the design-in on customer side.
More specifically, you will
- Define and execute application level characterization and validation, and summarize your findings;
- Do extensive black box application validation tests on the new released products. Produce high quality reports based on your 360 degree view, with in depth understanding of the relevance for IC design and system level, with the right balance between efficiency and the comprehensiveness, needed for decision making;
- Communicate conclusion and use results in communication to internal and external customers;
- Develop hardware and embedded software for customer demo, evaluation kit, reference design and write application notes, FAQ, maintain datasheets with timely reporting to internal and external customers;
- Increase application know-how by finding and analyzing competitor products, requesting IC analysis, reverse engineer schematic & BOM etc. and you proactively report to Product Line Managers and other relevant stakeholders;
- Support customers with industrialization of the IC in their production. You provide technical training to the Melexis Sales force and to customers in order to facilitate the design in activities at the customer;
- Support the Quality department in analyzing the quality problem in the application to get the customer return solved;
- Proactively and independently remove all technical hurdles to get Sales force opportunities from qualified status to design-win.
- Bachelor, Master degree, Phd in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Ideally, you have experience in the field of battery management, electrical or self driving vehicles through an internship, thesis, Phd or similar.
- You have relevant experience with or strong interest in (current) sensors and/or sensor systems.
- You have strong communication skills and enjoy direct customer contact.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of other customer languages is an asset.
- You are open to travel around 30% of working time.
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- versatile development opportunities