Embedded Software Engineer - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future job
As an embedded software engineer at Melexis, you will create embedded software and related documentation for internal and external projects acquired or supported by the software team. You work on Embedded Linux and regular Embedded SW products for use in Melexis microelectronic solutions.
More specifically, you will;
- Design and develop software products within the scope of the projects assigned by the software competence center manager or a team lead.
- Participate in the SW architecture development and requirements management
- Plan and execute the software development, according to software development process, within the agreed product specifications and product planning in order to ensure that agreed objectives are met in due time and at the required quality level within budget.
- Exchange knowledge across Melexis sites and maximize the standardization of software components, platforms, methods and tools in order to reduce the time-to-market and increase the product quality.
- What we need from you
- A master's degree in engineering electronics or software with more than 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in C, C++, development for Linux.
- Knowledge of configuration management, version control, and software build tools (GIT)
- Affinity with embedded real time software development principles & debug + validation techniques
- Familiarity with electronics and an understanding of hardware schematics
- Fluency in English, willing to work in an international environment
- What we would also really appreciate from you;
- Experience in Linux kernel development, V4L, OpenCV, programming for video streams.
- The ability to make and build tools in general
- UML, C# and scripting languages like Python.
- Development skills in desktop based applications in different operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Ability to architect, design and develop multi-threaded software.
a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
versatile development opportunities