Design Team Lead - Bevaix, Switzerland
Your future job
As a Design Team Lead at Melexis, you ensure that all people management processes and related practices are professionally implemented with a special emphasize in optimizing the learning through developing and coaching the team members in their assigned projects. Apart from leading the team, you collaborate closely with them in creating the required design and related documentation of a complete product in order to contribute to the achievement of the projects’ targets in terms of product specification, cost, quality and
More specifically, you will
- take the complete ownership of all design activities of own complex blocks/IPs according to Melexis flow up to "project release", working on high complexity projects according to Melexis flow up to "project release monitor budget (resource, area, test time), progress and quality of design team activities to meet project objectives (Cost, Quality &Time).
- manage the risk of their contribution together with the PM and designers.
- challenge and propose ad hoc team composition for the given project support System Architects and Project Managers on their field of expertise to evaluate feasibility, complexity, partitioning and to transfer mathematical model to detailed specification.
- contribute to, and implement, the resource allocation to ensure that the product is designed according to the agreed planning and standard Melexis processes.
- ensure that the team members are adequately managed and developed to contribute to the individual’s growth and Melexis global success. You secure adequate succession through the appropriate leadership and/or technical pipelines.
- be a technical coach for the development team and ensure continuous competency and experience growth.
- You hold a Master's Degree or Phd in (micro-)electronics or a related engineering discipline.
- You have more than 5 years of relevant experience as a designer in a micro-electronics environment. A successful track record for design of automotive projects is a strong plus.
- You have had a first successful experience with managing a team, or are very motivated and interested to do so.
- Experienced in working in an international multicultural environment and with virtual teams is a must.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have strong interpersonal/relationship building skills.
- You are willing to travel 10% of your time.
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- versatile development opportunities