Associate Accountant - Kuching, Malaysia
Your future job
As an Associate Accountant at Melexis, you will assist in maintaining a full set of accounts of Melexis’ entities in APAC and ensuring compliance with local legislation and Melexis’ policies.
In charge of managing the payroll and other HR related matters for Melexis (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
More specifically, you will
- Ensures timely and accurate recording of all accounting transactions in line with internal policies.
- Be aware and keep abreast of internal and external accounting rules in order to align own activities with them at all times.
- Manage the payroll function of Melexis (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd including any associated HR activities. Handle assignments involving analysis of data with procedure and methodology clearly given in order to contribute to overall analysis activities.
- Provide required progress reports at completion of the activities in order to ensure that
activities stay in line with accuracy and soundness requirements.
- Continuously looks for opportunities and takes actions to improve the accounting processes (new/improved procedures, automations, etc)
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or similar Professional training in accounting
- 2 to 3 years experiences as an accountant preferably in an multinational production environment
- Basic knowledge of working with cost accounting, preparation of financial statements
- Basic knowledge of local financial and fiscal rules and regulations. Knowledge of international and local accountancy standards and practices a plus.
- Have the knowledge and experience of managing Malaysia payroll and the associated local employment law
- Proficient in English, Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia (verbal and written). Basic knowledge of Japanese or Korean will be a plus
- Experience with ERP systems including payroll.Strong analytical skills
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities