Student for Microservices development for the automation and management of production processes - Ieper, Belgium
Your future jobOn the production floor of Melexis, microchips are being tested on a whole series of parameters in order to make sure only chips passing all necessary quality checks are being shipped to the customers. Therefore, different types of machines and applications are used. To optimise further the production processes, a ‘Smart Factory’ program is set up (following the ‘Industry 4.0’ concept), having as purpose to further digitise and automise the activities, to increase the efficiency, and to manage and monitor end-to-end the machines and production processes.
Within the project, the following developments are foreseen:
- The development of a single user interface for operators, technicians, shift leaders,… based on which they will be able to see their planning, the actions they have to execute, and the status and performance of the machines and production processes they are working on.
- Dashboards with a (semi-)real time view on the performance of the processes of a complete production floor.
- Services to manage the communication with the machines on the production floor (based on the OPC/UA protocol).
Depending on the progress of the currently running projects, the focus will be more or less on one or more of the above parts of the development.
Main IT development technologies used:
- Java (Maven, sprint boot, apache camel, IntelliJ,…)
- Python, Django, GraphQL
- Test automation based on Cucumber
- Continuous delivery (Git/gitlab CI, Docker, Kubernetes,….)
- Microservices and event-based application architecture
- Local and Google Cloud infrastructure (apps engine, BigQuery, Google Data Studio,…)
- Bachelor or Master in IT
- Full English proficiency
- Available for 4 weeks up to 3 months
- The opportunity to work with state-of-the-art enterprise applications frameworks used to develop and deploy applications to be used worldwide
- A chance to learn analysis and development methodologies like Domain Driven, Design, Behaviour Driven Development, Test Driven Development, event-driven microservices, DevOps, continuous integration/deployment,…
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization