Junior Data Engineer - Ieper, Belgium
Your future job
As a data engineer at Melexis, you will be a key player in building up our future data architecture and in realising a multitude of data and AI related projects. You will become an expert in state-of-the-art data infrastructure (capturing, analysing, maintaining, …) and be part of the team responsible for designing and building:
- our state-of-the-art hybrid cloud data infrastructure,
- data pipelines from a multitude of systems towards our cloud platform,
- data processing systems (on-site and in the cloud) for both structured and unstructured data,
- BI & reporting platforms,
- our big data cloud storage for AI/ML based processing,
- advanced conceptual, logical and physical data organizations, models, repositories, dashboards and reports.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in IT (or equivalent by experience), preferably with a first experience in a similar role.
- You have a practical knowledge of a number of data processing, BI and data engineering technologies, tools and platforms (e.g. SQL, ETL using e.g. Talend Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, Google Cloud Dataflow, BigQuery, Spark,...).
- Also knowledge of (relational and dimensional) database modeling and data warehousing is a necessary asset.
- You have already worked with structured as well as unstructered data sets, e.g. using big data solutions like Parquet or column based datastores.
- Knowledge and experience with at least one IT development language such as Java or Python is needed. Knowledge of graph databases, Apache Feather, Avro, ORC,... is an asset.
- You are passionate about building data solutions in a state-of-the-art environment, and eager to learn and grow in a high-tech company.
- You are results, customer and quality oriented.
- Good communication skills in English is required.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities