Data Engineer - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future job
As a data engineer at Melexis, you will be a key player in building up our future data architecture and in realising a multitude of data and AI related projects. You will become an expert in state-of-the-art data infrastructure (capturing, analysing, maintaining, …) and be part of the team responsible for designing and building:
- our state-of-the-art hybrid cloud data infrastructure,
- data pipelines from a multitude of systems towards our cloud platform,
- data processing systems (on-site and in the cloud) for both structured and unstructured data,
- BI & reporting platforms,
- our big data cloud storage for AI/ML based processing,
- advanced conceptual, logical and physical data organizations, models, repositories, dashboards and reports.
You have a bachelor or master degree in IT (or equivalent by experience) with at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
You have a practical knowledge of and experience with data processing, BI and data engineering technologies, tools and platforms (e.g. SQL, ETL using e.g. Talend Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, Google Cloud Dataflow, BigQuery, Spark,...).
Relational and dimensional database modeling experience and knowledge of data warehousing and databases is also a necessary asset.
You have already worked with structured as well as unstructered data sets, and with big and volatile data sets using big data solutions like Parquet, column based datastores, etc.
Knowledge and experience with at least one IT development language such as Java or Python is needed. Knowledge of graph databases, Apache Feather, Avro, ORC,... is an asset.
You are passionate about building data solutions in a state-of-the-art environment, and eager to learn and grow in a high-tech company.
You are results, customer and quality oriented.
Good communication skills in English is required.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities