Senior Applications Engineer Power Electronics - Düsseldorf, Germany
Your future job
As Senior Applications Engineer for the Power Electronics product line, you will build strong technical application expertise on High-Voltage Driver IC’s, both for industrial as for automotive solutions. You will work in close collaboration with the Product Development organisation, and act as primary technical interface to selected lead customers. You are part of the Sense and Drive business unit organization within Melexis, and will directly contribute to the future Power Electronics business growth, by successful product integration at customers.
More specifically, you will
- Develop Reference Design modules, which do integrate Melexis new IC’s on PCB, with optimized BOM to meet customer requirements and system specifications, including thermal and EMC performances.
- Coordinate the manufacturing of those Reference Design modules, and their validation. You will also provide the documentation of the hardware user manuals and application notes.
- Work closely together with lead customers, to support them during the integration and validation of their module designs, and to ensure they do maximal benefit from the unique features of Melexis product offering.
- Contribute to the next generation product definition at Melexis, by translating the feedback on future technical requirements from customers, into new IC development specifications.
- Develop customer demo’s that do promote Melexis product portfolio, with easy to use GUI’s or application interfaces.
- Build bench validation setups, to measure system performances and to stress the application in real-life conditions, for each new released product.
- Provide presentation material, technical documentation and actual technical trainings to the Melexis sales teams, to the distributor network, and to our lead customers.
- Support the Quality department by troubleshooting and analysing the root cause of problems at application level.
- Analyse competitor products and patents, and develop the Melexis Intellectual Property, based on understanding of the needs for the long term product development roadmap.
You hold an engineering master degree in the electronic or microelectronic domain, or have similar expertise built on the job, with about 10 years or more relevant experience, in semiconductor industry, or automotive high-voltage application domain.
You have advanced technical expertise at PCB design and manufacturing level, and understand physics of signal integrity, EMC and thermal performances, to build robust module solutions.
You have effective communication skills in English, and the ability to communicate difficult technical issues in a simple and clear way.
You are ready for business travel up to 10% of your time.
a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
versatile development opportunities