(Senior) Customer Relations - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future job
The Customer Relations is the primary point of contact at Melexis for allocated customers and their link to the rest of the Melexis organization, primarily focused on the day-to-day customer inquiries, needs and requests.
More specifically, you will
- Understand the needs of each allocated customer, in alignment with Sales and Business Units, correctly translate these needs internally with the goal to deliver high level quality work in a timely fashion to satisfy the customer;
- Ensure timely and correct ERP order entry and order confirmation, keeping both Sales and Business Units updated on order progress;
- Communicate in a timely manner changes or delivery issues to secure an optimal functioning in Melexis manufacturing and supply chain and at the customers;
- Build up intimacy with customers in order to take an active part in the escalation process if actions/conditions/events will not be acceptable for customers (e.g. excess lead times, ...);
- Implement the agreed service level agreements (SLAs) with both external and internal customers, monitor the KPIs with the aim to continuously improve the service;
- Proactively contact customers to get the most realistic forecasts, enter the resulting figures in the ERP system, follow up on historic and ordered sales volumes against forecasted ones (business analysis), investigate the reasons for deviations and report the major differences to the internal organisation;
- Act as the first liaison on incoming customer complaints, ensure they are immediately transferred internally and followed up to resolution;
- Implement the corporate guidelines for credit terms and credit hold to minimize risks to Melexis and ensure appropriate communication to customers;
- Maintain customer and order data in the ERP system to ensure adequate and efficient communication and administration;
- Maintain and archive the order management documentation and day-to-day business correspondence.
- You hold a Master's degree, or equivalent through experience, preferably with an economic, commercial or language background
- You have already some years of relevant experience in a customer oriented position in an international environment.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written. Fluency in any other major European language is a strong asset.
- You have strong analytic skills, and a sense for synthesis skills.
- You have strong communication skills, both in writing and speech. Additional to this, you excel in organization, coordination and teamwork.
- Experience in negotiation is an asset.
- You have an attitude of continuous learning, are energetic and assertive, and promote a positive attitude even in adverse circumstances.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities