Product Development & Industrialization Manager Magnetic Position Sensors - Bevaix, Switzerland
Your future job
As a Product Development & Industrialization Manager at Melexis, you are responsible for the full Development Management - from idea and feasibility to end of life of integrated mixed-signal sensor IC's within the Magnetic Position Sensor product line.
You are responsible for all project executions running in the product line to make sure we reach targeted cost, quality & timeline to mass production.
You work in close cooperation with internal technical teams, Business Unit and/or customers to discuss and manage product requirements and their validation.
You make sure those product requirements are properly cascaded down to the different competency center teams (e.g Design, Test and industrialization, ...) to enable their respective deliverables meet project targets.\\
You will ensure that project execution follows a controlled product development process including risk and change management process.
In collaboration with Business Unit you will define and drive the product roadmap, manage the related pre-development activities (new technologies, new concepts/platforms) in order to execute the product line roadmap.
Being fully accountable till end of life of the products, you will take care that production runs smoothly, especially making sure that CoY and CoT corporate targets are met, as well as providing the right support to Quality team in case of customer returns.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure each project under your program has clear goals, scope and strategy for all aspects (technical, cost, time, quality) in line with the customer needs and evaluate that team provide the needed project commitments.
- Ensure that program plans, budget, risks and required resources are clearly visible, executable, and managed according to internal processes.
- Ensure that projects deliverables are fulfilling all relevant requirements, constraints and obligations to transfer products in production environment following Melexis quality standards.
- Support selection of suppliers and their development
- Ensure that the products are running in production with the required level of cost and quality if moving to manufacturing.
- Ensure lessons learned for executed projects are analysed and contribute to the company continuous improvement strategy.
- Ensure the project follows the project management standards living at Melexis and that all project milestones / gates are managed accordingly
- Ensure good relationship between the customer and Melexis.
- Work in internal team and/or external industry/university partner on pre-development activities needed to execute the product line roadmap
- Help to continuously improve the Melexis way of working adapting quickly to its fast changing industry.
- Lead and develop Project Managers , Architects and Technical expert in your team and promote a coaching culture across the company.
- Passionate about technologies and/or electronics
- Experience with mixed signal IC design, and/or embedded software are highly valued
- Knowledge in Magnetic Sensors and its applications is a strong asset .
- Have profound knowledge of the requirements of a production environment
- Working experience in integrating different cultural backgrounds
- Relevant Working experience in International Industry
- Working experience with virtual teams
- Organized leader with influencing/negotiation skills
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a team player.
- You are an Academic Master of Science (Ir.) with a strong micro-electronics background, or have an industrial electronics engineering (Ing.) degree with a successful track record in product development .
- At least 10 years' experience in program management with a Team lead role
- At least 10 to 15 years' experience in product development & industrialization in the semiconductor industry
- Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of any major European / Asian language is an asset.
- Low to Medium Travel Intensity
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities