Central Engineering Manager - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future job
As a Central Engineering Manager at Melexis, you are responsible to bring the right technology & innovation in line
with the corporate product portfolio.
You are managing multiple engineering/competency groups within the Product Development & Quality organization with both an operational and continuous improvement focus.
You are responsible for project execution for specific domains (Digital, Software, EMC, Package) to make sure we reach the targeted cost, quality & timeline to mass production.
You work hand in hand with the development team, supporting them with the right tools & methods and provide them with the right IP blocks (e.g design, test).
You drive cross product line and cross competency improvement programs within the central engineering team, inline with the customer/business needs aiming at a shorter time to market and/or reducing cost.
You are an active member of the corporate technology council, in charge of our technology roadmap and innovation track.
More specifically, you will ensure :
- Secure On Time, On Budget, On Scope execution of the product development for specific domains (Digital, Software, EMC, Package)
- Ensure each project has clear goals, scope and strategy for all aspects (technical, cost, time, quality) in line with the customer needs and evaluate that team provide the needed project commitments
- Ensure lessons learned for executed projects are analysed and contribute to the company continuous improvement strategy.
Technology & Innovation
- Drive the continuous improvement activities within the Central engineering teams (Digital, Embedded Software and tools, Analog/Mixed Signal IC Design, Test & Industrialization, EMC, Package development, Development planning) to continuously improve the Melexis way of working adapting quickly to its fast changing industry
- Define and drive execution of the cross product line, cross competence center technology roadmap in close collaboration with Project teams. Examples: DFT, Validation Flow, …
- Accountable for central engineering team related process and responsible to improve/adaptcross teams processes within Central engineering scope ( e.g Validation & Verification strategy)
- Work with the engineering managers for Analog/Mixed Signal IC design, Test and Industrialization to ensure state of the art way of working , methods and tools are used/ applied ( including design IP )
- Owner of the consolidated Technology Roadmap define out ofour corporate product portfolio
- Lead and develop engineering/competency center managers in your team and promote a coaching culture across the company
- Passionate about technologies , electronics and innovation
- Experience with mixed signal IC design, and/or embedded software are a strong asset
- Experience in managing re-use or/and IP block/platform from definition till release are highly valued
- Working experience in integrating different cultural backgrounds
- Relevant Working experience in an International Industry
- Working experience with virtual teams
- Organized leader with influencing/negotiation skills
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a team player.
- You are an Academic Master of Science (Ir.) with a strong micro-electronics background, or have an industrial electronics engineering (Ing.) degree with a successful track record in product development .
- At least 10 years experience in program management with a Team lead role
- At least 10 years experience in product development & industrialization in the semiconductor industry.
- Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of any major European / Asian language is an asset
- Low to Medium Travel Intensity
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities