Microservices development for the automation and management of production processes - Ieper, Belgium
Internship: Microservices development for the automation and management of production processes
Your future job
On the production floor of Melexis, microchips are being tested on a whole series of parameters in order to make sure only chips passing all necessary quality checks are being shipped to the customers. Therefore, different types of machines and applications are used. To optimise further the production processes, a ‘Smart Factory’ program is set up (following the ‘Industry 4.0’ concept), having as purpose to further digitise and automise the activities, to increase the efficiency, and to manage and monitor end-to-end the machines and production processes.
Within the project, the following developments are
- The development of a single user interface for operators, technicians, shift leaders,… based on which they will be able to see their planning, the actions they have to execute, and the status and performance of the machines and production processes they are working on.
- Dashboards with a (semi-)real time view on the performance of the processes of a complete production floor.
- Services to manage the communication with the machines on the production floor (based on the OPC/UA protocol).
Depending on the progress of the currently running projects, the focus will be more or less on one or more of the above parts of the development.
Education: bachelor or master in IT
Full English proficiency
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- versatile development opportunities