Embedded Software Engineer - Bevaix, Switzerland
Your future job
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will join our Software Competence Center and you will design and develop software products, components and applications for mainly our Magnetic Position Sensors.
More specifically, you will
- Architecture, design, develop and test software to be embedded in a variety of Melexis products (integrated sensors, actuators,sensor interfaces).
- Adopt the software development methodology and prepare the necessary documentation accordingly.
- Cooperate with system architects, analog and digital design engineers and application engineers.
- Support your software products after their release.
- Document, analyse and review requirements.
- Contribute to Software Competence Center improvement activities...
- You hold a Master degree in Engineering (eg; Electronics / Computer Science/ Mathematics) and you have a first relevant working experience.
- You have strong knowledge of C and Assembler development for embedded systems that run real-time interrupt driven applications. You also have knowledge of Python. Notions of C++, MATLAB/Simulink are an asset.
- You have knowledge or notions of fixed-point signal processing.
- You have knowledge of digital microcontroller systems and you are capable to write software that interacts with digital electronics at its lowest level. You have an affinity towards analog electronics.
- You have proven skills in debugging and verification.
- Familiarity with software revision control tools and defect tracking tools.
- Familiarity with modern software development techniques (continuous integration, unit testing, static code analysis, Agile methodology, peer review, etc.).
- Familiarity with automotive safety standards (ISO 26262, MISRA, Automotive SPICE, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong documentation skills.
- You are a team player, looking forward to joining an international company, and you are open to travel occasionally.
- You are fluent in English
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities