Test & Shipping Scheduler - Kuching, Malaysia
Your future job
As a Test/Shipping Scheduler at Melexis, you will plan the probing and testing of all manufacturing goods on site, taking into account capacity and capabilities. It will include optimizing the usage of probing/testing capacity.As part of shipping responsibilities you will plan receiving and shipping of all goods (manufacturing and non-manufacturing related) on site, taking into account capacity and capabilities. It will include the transportations management, acting as single point of contact between Melexis and forwarders.
More precisely, you will
- Define, communicate and monitor execution of the weekly probing & final test schedule of manufacturing goods (incl. RMA material), taking into account the optimal use of available capacity (equipment availabilities) and product/process specifications; report and escalate to Manufacturing planning team leader and Master scheduler and update on deviations of schedule;
- Define, communicate and monitor execution of the weekly receiving & shipping schedule of manufacturing goods (incl. RMA material), taking into account the optimal use of available capacity (team) and process limitations; escalate to Manufacturing planning team leader and update on deviations of schedule;
- Organize, monitor, escalate emergencies of probing/testing of standard and non-standard plans (ie. retest, Engineering test and support)
- Manage emergencies of receiving/shipping of manufacturing and non-manufacturing goods (ie. Hand carry)
- Maintain scheduling related master data in the ORACLE system, guaranteeing proper capacity usage monitoring and optimization in collaboration with supply chain back office process owner
- Manage the transportations and customs services: Select the appropriate forwarders for manufacturing and non-manufacturing goods, follow-up forwarder performances in term of lead time and cost, propose improvements; correspond with appropriate authorities to submit all needed allowances (e.g. import and export licenses, tax assessments, customs duty assessment, reports and statistics according the defined standards)
- Monitor the warehouse stock levels (i.e. manufacturing consumables) and forecast / order needed material on time in order to prevent shortage and associated downtime in manufacturing; Drive the periodic product stocktaking process to ensure that the ERP matches the reality on the shop floor.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Fluent in English and local language
- Experience in shipping/receiving, scheduling, planning and/or warehousing
- Familiar with supply chain management concepts. Thorough knowledge of detailed scheduling and capacity calculations.
- Good knowledge on warehouse management. Basic knowledge in other supply chain planning methodologies and processes (MRPII principles).
- ERP system and data handling working knowledge with an ERP system (ORACLE experience is a plus).
- Good working knowledge of MS Office tools, specially Excel
- CPIM certified is an asset
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- versatile development opportunities