Data Engineer - Ieper, Belgium
Your future job
As a Data Engineer at Melexis, you will be a key player in building up our future data architecture and in realising a multitude of data and AI related projects. You will become an expert in state-of-the-art data infrastructure (capturing, analysing, maintaining, …) and be part of the team responsible for designing and building:
- Our state-of-the-art hybrid cloud data infrastructure
- Data pipelines from a multitude of systems towards our cloud platform
- Data processing systems (on-site and in the cloud) for both structured and unstructured data
- BI & reporting platforms, advanced conceptual, logical and physical data organizations, models, repositories, dashboards and reports
- You have a bachelor or master degree in IT (or equivalent by experience) with preferably 5 years of experience in a similar role
- You have a practical knowledge of and experience with data processing, BI and data engineering technologies, tools and platforms (e.g. SQL, ETL using e.g. Talend Data Studio, Tableau, QlikView, Presto, Spark,...). Relational and dimensional database modeling experience and knowledge of data warehousing and databases is also a necessary asset.
- You have already worked with structured as well as unstructured data sets. Hands-on Python programming skills are desired. Linux and shell scripting knowledge is recommended. Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud and AWS is an advantage. Knowledge of graph databases, Apache Feather, Parquet, MDM solutions, data cleansing tools, ... are an asset.
- You are passionate about building data solutions in a state-of-the-art environment, and eager to learn and grow in a high-tech company. You are results, customer and quality oriented and you have good communication skills in English. Above all, you like to have fun!
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities