Internship in electrical engineering_2 to 4 months - Bevaix, Switzerland
Your future jobAs an Intern at Melexis, you will:
- Understand the architecture of a modern smart sensor mixed-signal IC.
- Understand how the sensor is integrated into a HIL environment.
- Use the HIL system to execute application scenarios in the emulated environment (HW/SW provided).
- Improve the quality of the ecosystem, propose new ideas, improvements.
We are currently building a HIL system to strengthen the quality of our silicon products and to support the laboratory validation. The biggest challenge is to interface the magnetic context of the position sensor IC (Triaxis) with the FPGA. The HIL system is based on an in-house developed FPGA, implementing the custom digital design of the smart sensor, where the magnetic context is emulated based on Simulink and Python models. This ecosystem is currently under development, the hardware prototypes exists, however the full integration requires further effort to achieve the desired technology readiness level.
- Ensure the quality of the HIL ecosystem by using it (break-things).
- Reproduce, create and demonstrate magnetic application scenarios executed on the HIL.
- Update user-level documentation with missing information.
- Potential modeling and FPGA RTL improvements (depending on skills and experience) is foreseen.
- Engineering degree (BS or MS), or undergraduate.
- Linux basic knowledge.
- Python and Matlab/Simulink skills is a plus.
- Familiarity with digital design, FPGA and FPGA development tools is a plus.
- Spoken and written English are required.
We offerJoining Melexis for your internship is the opportunity to build up your know-how in a high-tech, international and dynamic company, benefit from the experience and training of our experts and enjoy the welcoming and friendly atmosphere of our teams. Our Bevaix office is specialized in Hall Sensors and Wireless technology and counts 70 employees.
Facts and Figures
Working Hours per Week
Business Travel Required
Yes, according to position accountabilities
Work Permit Required
Working in Shift Required