Internship: Data engineering project - Data Mart for reporting on manufacturing data - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Internship: Data engineering project: setting up a cloud Data Mart for reporting on manufacturing processes and equipments, including data pipelines, data cleaning, data transformation, ...
Your future job
The applications and equipments used within our manufacturing processes
generate a huge amount of data that is stored within a number of (realtime)
databases or (big data) data lakes.
The goal of this project is to design and implement a data mart for longer term data analysis and reporting, including:
- Analysis of the data sources, their relationships,...
- Design the different (logical, relational, dimensional) data models for the data mart.
- Implement the data mart.
- Set up ETLs / data pipelines to collect the data from different sources.
- Perform data cleaning and transformation where needed.
Create reports on the data based on the user requirements.
- Student in Bachelor or Master in IT
- IT software analysis, design and development practices
- Minimal: Python and Java development, linux and shell scripting
- Preferably: Git/Gitlab, Docker, Kubernetes
- BI and data engineering technologies (SQL, ETL,...)
Main technologies used:
- Python, Django, GraphQL
- PostgreSQL database
- Logical, relational and dimensional modeling
- Google Composer (Airflow in the cloud), Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio
- ETL (Talend)
- Source code management, continuous delivery pipelines, service mgmt platforms (Git/gitlab CI, Docker, Kubernetes,….)
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- versatile development opportunities