Internship_Digital Fault Simulation_3 to 5 months - Bevaix, Switzerland
Your future job
The safety level required by automotive manufacturers on smart sensors
implies building a full self-testing capability within the integrated circuit. The
self-testing mechanisms shall cover most of the random fault occurring in the
digital part. As an intern at Melexis, you will manage a digital fault simulation
campaign on a microcontroller-based circuit.
More specifically, you will:
Define the fault injection strategy for the Melexis position sensors.
Implement the simulation-bench, build models, specify faults, run simulations, and process the results.
Automatize and run fault simulations using a state-of-the-art tool and flow.
(Propose, implement and test possible new safety mechanisms aiming at improving the fault coverage).
- A documented methodology and flow, based on ISO-26262 requirements and on Synopsys Zoix tool
- A documented specification of the transient and permanent fault simulation
- An automatized bench for the Melexis sensor simulation using the Synopsys Zoix tool on Linux
- A simulation report containing coverage figures and diagnostics ranking
- A documented proposal for fault coverage optimization (optional)
Knowledge of micro-processor or micro-controller architecture
Knowledge of digital design
Knowledge of Linux, Verilog and Python
A challenging internship in a dynamic high-tech international environment
An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
Facts and Figures
Working Hours per Week
Business Travel Required
Work Permit Required
Working in Shift Required