Applications Engineer - Tessenderlo, Belgium
We're Engineering Green, Safe and Comfortable Future. Interested to join?
Melexis creates, manufactures and delivers advanced Mixed Signal semiconductors, sensor ICs, and programmable sensor IC systems. The majority of our revenue comes from the automotive industry, and today we are leading technological advancements in this sector.
We are also active in the smart appliances, home automation, industrial and medical sectors. For Melexis, it’s not just about the technology, but the positive difference that technology can make in a person’s life, whether it’s in using a body temperature sensor or an in-vehicle networking solution.
Melexis is a truly global player with headquarters in Belgium and branches in Bulgaria, France, Germany, Switzerland, Ukraine, the USA, China, Japan, Malaysia, S. Korea and the Philippines.
Your future job
As an Applications Engineer at Melexis, you will build strong technical expertise on
the Far Infrared Temperature Sensors product line to support our customers with their
technical questions while they develop and produce their product.
More specifically, you will
- Support the path our customers follow from the first demo to production, together with the Melexis sales team, field application engineers, and IC designers
- Define and execute the evaluation of Melexis sensors within various applications and communicate the results to internal and external customers
- Generate clear documentation like datasheets and application notes supporting customers in the use of our products
- Develop hardware and (embedded) software for proven reference designs, development kits and reliable demos that emphasize our product strengths and use in multiple applications
- Analyze competitor products and share acquired know-how with your colleagues
- Support the Quality department in analyzing potential quality problems and evaluate the impact on the application
- You hold a Master degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering, ideally supplemented with a relevant internship or first experience
- Knowledge of embedded software development for microcontrollers, Labview, Python or Matlab is a plus. Additional knowledge acquired on system/application level (software, analog electronics, application testing) is an advantage.
- Experience in the medical devices and/or consumer electronics industry is a plus
- You are customer oriented, and have proven communication skills in English to ensure customer support worldwide
- You are able to communicate difficult technical issues in a simple and clear way
- You are eager to learn, assertive and flexible
- You are open for occasional business travel
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion and build a successful career
An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
Versatile development opportunities in expert and/or leadership track and career mobility options
We are an international multicultural team that serves global industries. At Melexis, diversity and inclusion is at the base of our DNA and we hire people from various backgrounds, experiences, and situations.
Melexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer that hires people based on their core competencies and growth potential. We provide equal employment without regard to gender, marital status, identity, race, citizenship, ancestry, age, religion, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and personal responsibilities outside of work.