System Administrator - Sofia, Bulgaria
Your future job
As System Administrator at Melexis, you will:
- Automate system administration tasks by shell scripting and/or company configuration management system;
- Participate in projects to deliver business value and write/maintain all relevant project documentation;
- Analyze the root cause of recurring incidents and resolve them in a timely manner in order to avoid the recurrence of the issue;
- Write and give training to global and local employees to allow them to achieve the right level of use of basic applications;
- Participate in Global Helpdesk structure to effectively resolve end-users requests according to SLA;
- Ensure that all IT policies are applied and followed correctly in order to build and maintain the right environment;
- Implement approved changes on the production systems
according to company standards in order to achieve 24x7 uptime of operations
and continuously improve infrastructure.
A bachelor's degree in business informatics or computer science,
more than 2 years of experience as a System Administrator (Linux OS administration);
Experience with virtual server infrastructure, preferably VMware;
Good hardware knowledge: workstation, server, LAN equipment, WAN equipment;
Good knowledge of databases like Postgres SQL, software (installation, troubleshooting, development) and backup systems working experience in BASH scripting or Python development is a plus;
In-depth knowledge of Debian and RedHat is a plus;
Excellent customer orientation;
Effective communication skills in English.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment;
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company;
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization;
- Versatile development opportunities.