First Line Service Desk Agent - Ieper, Belgium
Melexis designs, develops, tests and markets advanced integrated semiconductor products. Our devices meet the world’s growing demand for greener and safer cars that are fun to drive, smarter appliances, modern medical devices and conscious buildings.
Working at Melexis means working with innovative, enthusiastic colleagues. With over 1,500 people in 12 countries on 3 continents, Melexis is rapidly growing.
Your future job
As a 1st Line Service Desk Agent at Melexis, you will work in an experienced team that is the first point of contact for internal users dealing with all kinds of IT problems. You will co-represent the IT (support) department towards the local site management, partners and suppliers.
More specific you will:
- Identity and respond to incoming requests (phone, email, ticketing system, monitoring software).
- Work on 1st line incident and request management (following existing procedures to fix incidents and resolve requests).
- Install, maintain, repair computer hardware and peripherals.
- Install and upgrade software.
- Keep accurate records of IT hardware, order equipment if needed.
- Support networking, conferencing and IP telephony devices.
- Implement and supervise IT safety and security regulations.
- Create and maintain manuals and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years in IT environment
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10, Linux, Android
- Understanding of Windows/Linux based networking
- Understanding computer hardware
- Knowledge of common office applications
- Good people skills and patience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good analysis and troubleshooting skills
- You are a continual (on-the-fly) learner
- Understanding of the ITIL framework is a plus
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment.
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organisation with collaborative culture.
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion and build an enjoyable career.
- Versatile development opportunities in the leadership or expert track.