System Administrator - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future jobMelexis designs, develops, tests and markets advanced integrated semiconductor products. Our devices meet the world’s growing demand for greener and safer cars that are fun to drive, smarter appliances, modern medical devices and conscious buildings.
Working at Melexis means working with innovative, enthusiastic colleagues. With over 1,500 people in 12 countries on 3 continents, Melexis is rapidly growing.
Driven by this expansion our Global IT Core Services team is looking for a System Administrator to work on the configuration, implementation, automation and maintenance of the various technologies and products managed by the IT department. This includes the server management of software applications, security monitoring, troubleshooting, hardware repair, storage/file management, network printer administration, email administration, and backups.
- Automate system administration tasks by shell scripting and/or company configuration management system.
- Participate in projects to deliver business value and write/maintain all relevant project documentation.
- Analyze the root cause of recurring incidents and resolve them in a timely manner in order to avoid the recurrence of the issue.
- Write and give training to global and local employees to allow them to achieve the right level of use of basic applications.
- Participate in Global Helpdesk structure to effectively resolve end-users requests according to SLA.
- Ensure that all IT policies are applied and followed correctly in order to build and maintain the right environment
- Implement approved changes on the production systems according to company standards in order to achieve 24x7 uptime of operations and continuously improve infrastructure.
A bachelor's degree in business informatics or computer science.
2 + years of experience as a System Administrator (Linux OS administration).
Experience with virtual server infrastructure, preferably VMware.
Good hardware knowledge: workstation, server, LAN equipment, WAN equipment.
Good knowledge of databases like PostgreSQL, software (installation, troubleshooting, development) and backup systems.
Working experience in BASH scripting or Python development is a plus.
In-depth knowledge of Debian and RedHat is a plus.
Knowledge of IT security principles and methods, cybersecurity and privacy principles is a plus.
Excellent customer orientation.
Effective communication skills in English.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment.
- Opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion and build a successful career.
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organisation.
- Versatile development opportunities in expert and/or leadership track and career mobility options.
- Hybrid work model in action.