Senior CAD (EDA) Engineer - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future job
Searching for a unique blend between the world of R&D microelectronics and IT? Do you like the challenge of being an enabler for a broad range of technical domains like analog design, digital design, physical design, mixed-signal verification, etc.? See yourself working in an international engineering environment being in contact with R&D engineers over the Melexis globe? Then this opportunity is for you!
As senior CAD Engineer at Melexis you will be the glue between the R&D teams/competence centers and the (EDA/non EDA) tools & systems / technology data we use in our product development flows. You analyse the incoming requests and map the requirements in the correct context. Based on your analysis you develop potential solution designs and prototypes. You take an active role in developing & delivering the final solution.
More specifically, you will:
- Specialize in one or multiple R&D domains (analog, mixed-signal, physical design) where you maintain in-depth knowledge in the subject and all relevant EDA tools used in that knowledge area.
- Collect & document requirements in the correct context, link them to the product development processes and clarify them further where needed.
- Perform solution design and prototyping.
- Design the application architecture compliant with our tool landscape and strategy.
- Develop the specifications for the CAD developers.
- Design the test & validation strategy.
- Take an active role in participating the development and validation activities.
- An engineering master degree in an electronic or microelectronic field.
- Expert knowledge on Cadence EDA tools and their application in specific knowledge domains within R&D.
- Good knowledge on the principles of an IC development process.
- Good knowledge on coding platforms like Cadence SKILL, Python, Shell
- Good knowledge on IDE’s like pycharm, vscode, eclipse.
- Good knowledge on modelling languages and modelling tools like enterprise architect.
- Affinity with IT technologies & platforms.
- Effective communication skills in English.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment.
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order tobuild a successful career in expert or leadership track
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization.
- Versatile development opportunities
- Hybrid work model in action.