IT Security Engineer - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future jobMelexis designs, develops, tests and markets advanced integrated semiconductor products. Our devices meet the world’s growing demand for greener and safer cars that are fun to drive, smarter appliances, modern medical devices and conscious buildings.
Working at Melexis means working with innovative, enthusiastic colleagues. With over 1,500 people in 12 countries on 3 continents, Melexis is rapidly growing.
Driven by this expansion our Global IT Core Services team is looking for a Security Engineer with strong affection for security awareness who will facilitate the full stage and optimization of the existing and future IT security technologies.
Together with the Security Architect, the IT Security Engineer will translate IT security policies into technical guidelines, procedures and recommendations. The IT security engineer will assist and guide different Melexis teams with provisioning and maintenance of existing and future IT security technologies.
More specifically you will:
Perform system administration on specialised cyber defence applications/ systems (e.g. endpoint protection, network/application firewalls, monitoring systems).
Coordinate with Security Architect to manage and administer updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, endpoint protection) for specialised cyber defence applications.
Create, edit, and manage access control on specialised cyber defence systems (e.g., firewalls and intrusion prevention systems).
Collect intrusion artefacts (e.g., source code, malware, Trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential cyber defence incidents within the enterprise.
Correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
Coordinate with Security Architect, Lead IT Architect and System Architect to validate network alerts.
Document and escalate incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
Use cyber defence technologies for continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity.
Work with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
Translate technical IT security topics in common language and collaborate with the product security champions. Assist the product security champions with finding the right balance between security and usability.
- Engineering or Computer Science degree.
- 2+ years experience.
- Good overall technical knowledge: Windows, Linux, networking, security defence technology.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience with one or more IT security technologies is a big plus : Endpoint Protection, Network Detection/Response, NGFW, SIEM/SOAR, privileged access management, privileged identity management.
- Interest and curiosity in the latest security trends and developments.
- Motivation to learn new tools and technology.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
- Good communication and presentations skills, ability to translate technical concepts into common understandable language.
- Working with state-of-the-art security technologies.
- Certification in existing and future IT security technologies.
- Opportunity to be a key player in security practice evolution within Melexis.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment.
- Opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion and build a successful career.
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organisation.
- Versatile development opportunities in expert and/or leadership track and career mobility options.
- Hybrid work in action.