Legal Counsel - Sofia, Bulgaria
Your future job
As a Legal Counsel, from the company’s office in Sofia, you will support all Melexis legal entities with expert legal advice on a broad range of international legal matters and create and maintain an adequate level of legal awareness for the Melexis Group.
More specifically, you will:
- Negotiate, draft, analyze, and review various international commercial agreements (procurement, sale, license, service, etc.);
- Advise on a wide variety of local Bulgarian legal matters, including P&C related matters;
- Assess and advise on liabilities, legal restrictions and risks of proposed commercial transactions and develop practical solutions to meet business needs;
- Monitor and advise on current and new relevant legislation and case law and liaise with external legal advisors if need be;
- Together with the other legal counsels enhance and create legal awareness and compliance to internal policies and procedures.
- You have a Master degree in Law. Specialization in International Commercial Law is considered an advantage;
- You have acquired around 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience ideally as an in-house counsel in an international environment;
- You are able to analyze and advise on complex legal matters and to communicate clearly and effectively to the business. You can build trust through communication;
- Affinity for innovation, technology, and the automotive industry;
- Ability to work with a remote team and team lead;
- You are open-minded, hands-on and result oriented;
- You are a team player, always respectful, easily approachable and appreciative of cultural differences;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English;
- Strong legal writing & research skills;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Eager to expand your legal knowledge to new areas of expertise and jurisdictions;
- Computer skills.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment;
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company;
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization;
- Versatile development opportunities.