Domain Data Analyst - Erfurt, Germany
Your future job
As a Domain Data Analyst at Melexis, you will fulfil a bridging role between the respective business domain and the data teams building up our future data architecture. You are passionate about data and translate business needs into smart data needs resulting in on-time and accurate insights. You will be part of the data team where you will be responsible for:
- Collecting, analyzing, and consolidating business requirements related to data processing and reporting,
- Translating business requirements and domain knowledge into a functional design,
- Collaborating with business and Data architects to establish a closed loop between process, application and data,
- Advocating and promoting data services, ensuring visibility throughout the respective organization
- Expanding of the BI & reporting platforms through training, setting up guidelines, developing visualizations and driving your power users,
- Master data management on cross-domain data elements,
- Developing and maintaining a data framework regarding quality, usage in the domain and with close cooperation across other data domains,
- Cooperate in data quality processes with aim on elevating the overall usefulness of data and provide the one source of truth the decision makers.
- You have a master degree in IT or Commercial Engineering (or equivalent by experience) with preferably 3 years of experience in a similar analyst role.
- Domain data knowledge or interested to learn about existing setups and data flows which are business specific
- You are a bridge builder between business and Data team with thorough business insight.
- You have a practical knowledge and experience with analytic tools like GCP Big Query, GCP Data bricks, Qlik Sense or eager to dive in.
- You are passionate about building data solutions in a state-of-the-art environment, and eager to learn and grow in a high-tech company.
- You are able to see the broad picture and broader connections, and you can filter out the details where needed.
- Having experience in relational and dimensional data modelling is an asset
- A practical knowledge of and experience with Master data management and Data quality tools, reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- You can read and understand a logical data model and translate business needs into a functional design.
- Able to communicate openly with different stakeholders across the organization.
- Pragmatic mind-set
- Good communication skills in English are required.
- You are a passionate person, who is result, customer and quality oriented.
- Above all, enthusiastic about data.
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- versatile development opportunities