Regional People and Culture Manager Germany - DE - Erfurt, Germany
Your future job
As Regional People and Culture Manager Germany, you will be responsible for the implementation of the site mission expected and needed for the success of Melexis. You are also responsible for the delivery of the people and workplace related matters of our Melexis employees on the 3 German sites: Erfurt, Dresden and Duesseldorf. You are supported by the People and Culture teams and the local management team.
More specifically, you will:
- Drive and steer the local management team into the mission implementation for the German Sites by:
- Connecting with strategic stakeholders on location mission & strategy
- Translating the site mission into a site SWOT and site X+1 plan
- Overseeing the implementation of the site X+1 plan and monitoring the site health and performance of all functions present on site
- Looking for synergies across functions on site to improve overall site health
- Following up and collaborate with the respective functions for issues related to site performance & health
- Manage the People & Workplace Experience team in Germany
- Be accountable for the service delivery of both employment and workplace related services
- Align with Global People & Workplace Experience Manager + other Regional People & Workplace Experience Managers
- Mentor local team leads, focused on business awareness and site-topics
- Represent Melexis externally in the different regions e.g. towards authorities
- Be handling crisis situations impacting the German Sites
- Be accountable for managing the relevant Site Management Teams
- Provide input on improving opportunities to the global process experts
- Give strategic advice based on local expertise to the Global People & Workplace Experience Manager
- Negotiate with unions and ensure open and trustful relationships with workers council
- Master’s degree in Economics, Human Resources or any other equivalent
- App. 10 years’ experience in varying organizational setups preferably within an international business environment
- Strategic understanding and knowledge on workplace/footprint management and/or people management e.g. labor regulations
- Be able to operate in diverse cultural environments and get results through effective people leadership with a coaching mindset
- Strong communication and decision making skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Ability to represent the site / region to the outside world
- Role model regarding demonstrated behavior of the company values together with compliance of highest ethical business standards
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel (4 days a month).
- An impactful position in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- A people first organization
Diversity & Inclusion
Melexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Inspired by a passion for technology and engineering, Melexis designs, develops and delivers innovative micro-electronic solutions. They enable designers to turn ideas into applications that support the best imaginable future. The company’s advanced mixed-signal semiconductor sensors and actuators integrate sensing, driving and communication into next-generation products and systems. They improve safety, raise efficiency, support sustainability and enhance comfort.
Melexis is a world leader in automotive sensors. Today, on average, every new car produced worldwide contains 18 Melexis chips. Melexis uses this expertise to serve other markets as well: alternative mobility, smart appliances, smart buildings, robotics, energy management and digital health.
Melexis is headquartered in Belgium and employs over 2000 people in 18 locations worldwide. The company is publicly traded on Euronext Brussels (MELE).
For more information, visit www.melexis.com