Legal Counsel - Tessenderlo, Belgium
As Legal Counsel at Melexis, you will fulfill a crucial role in our global legal team. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, you will play a key role in supporting our international operations. You will be responsible for providing expert legal advice and promoting legal awareness within the Melexis Group.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Negotiation, drafting, analysis and review of various commercial and IP-related agreements.
- Managing all GDPR and other privacy-related/data governance matters.
- Promoting compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as with internal policies and procedures, such as the Code of Conduct and Whistleblowing Policy.
- Support the sustainability team by drafting/modifying policies and procedures according to ESRS requirements, developing templates and providing training.
- Actively update relevant legislation and case law and advise on new developments.
- Provide occasional advice on various legal issues, including HR/site matters, financial matters and other issues.
Who are you?
- A Master's degree in Law, preferably with specialization in IP/IT or privacy law.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably as a corporate lawyer in an international environment.
- Ability to analyze complex legal issues and communicate clearly and effectively with the organization.
- Familiarity with risk management, compliance and/or other legal areas (e.g. CSRD, technology transactions, cybersecurity, intellectual property).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong legal writing and research skills.
- Good organizational and project management skills, open-minded, hands-on and result oriented.
What do we offer
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- versatile development opportunities