Data Architect - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future job
Are you passionate about managing complex data & information systems to support continuous innovation in semiconductor sensors at one of the leading companies in the world? Do you thrive in a high-tech and team-focused environment?
As a data architect in Development & Quality (DevQ), the largest department at Melexis, you will collaborate with DevQ management and IT teams to develop a data strategy and architecture that enables and facilitates our business strategy and goals.
You will be responsible for the development, implementation and optimization of database models and architectures to store, access and process structured and unstructured data generated by a suite of tools and platforms used in the product development lifecycle. You will lead the design of a flexible and robust DevQ data architecture that supports the analytics and reporting needs of both engineers and managers. As our DevQ data architect, you will also define data policies and guidelines that ensure effective and efficient data management across the data lifecycle, compliance with required data quality and security standards and more. You will also collaborate closely with our global Melexis data architect and his team to ensure alignment with the company data architecture and data management strategic goals.
More specifically, you will
- Define a global and long term DevQ data architecture while keeping in mind business processes, existing tools and platforms. This data architecture should serve as a reference whenever new data sources, tools or processes get introduced;
- Design and implement data models for DevQ that integrate a complex network of data sources and tools that accelerate & optimize the workflow of engineers and facilitate efficient business intelligence that supports management in their decision making;
- Define and outline data governance standards and principles;
The above will be discussed, defined and executed in close collaboration with our lead data architect in Melexis. In addition, you will lead the following activities within our Development & Quality department:
- Oversees the selection and implementation of data management tools & systems;
- Supervise the use of tools, platforms and technologies for data management;
- Oversees the development, management and monitoring of data flows and pipelines;
- Define and ensure effective data access management;
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems;
- Guide the organization on new trends, standards and best practices in data modeling/ management and analytics;
The DevQ data architect will lead a data governance committee to ensure data-related projects are well aligned with the new data architecture and policies.
You have an MS in computer science, or IT related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar role. You have practical knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- Database and cloud computing design, architectures and data lakes;
- Experience with relational database management systems & software ETL & streaming tools, visualization and reporting tools for big data (GCP Dataflow, Databricks or similar), enterprise repository tools, data mapping / modeling / profiling tools;
- Master data management processes and governance, as well as advanced knowledge and working experience with data warehouse dimension modeling;
- Information management and data processing on multiple platforms;
- Data management and reporting technologies, predictive analytics and data visualization of structured and unstructured data plus experience with at least one leading BI tool (e.g. Oracle BI, Tableau, Power BI, QlikView);
- Programming languages, including Java, Python and C/C++
- Operating systems like Unix, Linux, Solaris and Windows;
- Application server software as well as backup and archival software;
- Systems development lifecycle and project management;
- Experience with agile methodologies and enterprise resource planning implementation, and experience in leading a team are a plus
You should be a creative problem-solver who uses a complex suite of programming tools to innovate and design new solutions to store and manage data. You have in general a good understanding of the data/information technology ecosystem and are passionate about the latest market trends. You are a team-player and have excellent communication skills and command of the English language.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities