DataOps Engineer - Tessenderlo, Belgium
Your future job
As a DataOps engineer at Melexis, you will be a key player in building our future data architecture and in realising a multitude of data and infrastructure related projects. You will become an expert in data infrastructure and be part of the team responsible for:
- Designing and developing our state-of-the-art hybrid cloud data infrastructure;
- Introduce and document best practices to ensure continuous improvement in the field of data analytics;
- Automating as many stages of our data flows as possible including integrations between platforms and services, building reusable pipelines, developing and maintaining our common code packages;
- Gathering and modelling various metrics (cost, job duration, concurrent usage,) that describe our platforms and data flows;
- Identifying and optimizing bottlenecks and performance liabilities in our services and data flows
- Communicate implementations and improvements to internal customers (data engineering, BI, end users) and set up feedback loops to discuss additional requirements and needs.
- A bachelor or master degree in IT (or equivalent by experience) with preferably at least 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Previous experience with infrastructure automation, preferably using terraform;
- You love to work with data;
- Knowledge how to use Git and version control;
- You can build CI/CD pipelines to ensure continuous integration, delivery and deployment;
- You have practical knowledge with various coding/scripting languages including (python, SQL, and bash);
- Data modeling experience and knowledge of data warehouses, data lakes and databases;
- You enjoy using Linux to do your programming;
- Familiarity with Databricks , Apache Airflow and cloud platforms such as Google Cloud and AWS is an advantage;
- You are passionate about automation (Terraform,) and building practical solutions that make the life of others and yourself easier;
- You are a creative thinker and like to design out of the box solutions to solve a number of problems.
- You are results, customer and quality oriented.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
- Above all, you like to have fun.
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities