90kHz IMC-Hall® Current SensorMLX91205 Melexis
The Melexis MLX91205 is a single axis IMC-Hall® integrated current sensor featuring Triaxis® technology. It produces an analog, ratiometric output voltages proportional to the applied magnetic field parallel with the chip surface.
The circuit is fabricated using a standard complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) process, with the addition of an integrated magnetic concentrator (IMC-Hall®). This ferromagnetic layer amplifies the magnetic field and concentrates it on the Hall elements. Therefore, the circuit features very high magnetic sensitivity, low offset and low noise.
The MLX91205 is ideally suited for current sensing in automotive and industrial environments. Two different versions with different magnetic ranges are available.
Features and benefits
Integrated Magnetic Concentrator (IMC-Hall®)
Sensitive to a magnetic field parallel to the chip surface
Linear output voltage proportional to a magnetic field
Zero power loss in primary circuit
Very high sensitivity
Wideband: DC to 100 kHz
Very low offset and offset drift
Very low noise
Isolated from current conductor
- Surface mount SOIC8 package
- Automotive - Hybrid & Electric Powertrain
- Industrial & Robotics
- Building, Security, Home & Office Automation
- White Goods & Household Appliances
- Non-Automotive Transportation
Documents and tools
- Reference Design Guide for Current Sensors
- Current Sensors Programming and Calibration
- Magnetic Linearity and Hysteresis